Isn’t Christianity an old, backward, conservative religion that dupes its unintelligent adherents and makes sure their minds are closed and resistant to progress? How could the story of Christianity possibly be described as radical?
A thoughtful person who considers the claims of Christianity and comes to a conclusion, whether true or false, is not closed minded just because they interpret the evidence differently than others. Closed-mindedness is the unwillingness to consider differing ideas or opinions and we hope that everyone who joins us here at Radical Story does so with a mind open to discover the truth.
We believe that real progress involves aligning ourselves with what is true. Truth isn’t what we decide we want it to be, but rather, that which corresponds to reality. We aim to explore and discuss the truths that can be found in Christianity.
Christian teaching is full of radical ideas…
- The creator of the entire universe made us specifically so that He could have a loving relationship with us.
- Humanity rejected Him, tainting human nature and breaking relationship with Him.
- This all-powerful and all-knowing God humbled Himself to take on a human nature, becoming both man and God.
- God allowed himself to be tortured and die in our place so that our relationship with Him could be restored.
- God exists in three persons with one nature: father, son and holy spirit.
- We should love our enemies and pray blessings on them.
- We should forgive everyone, regardless of their sin against us.
- We should model our life and morality on a man who was also God and who lived over 2000 years ago.
- Jesus physically rose from the dead and is still alive over 2000 years later, and He will return.
- Accepting Jesus is the only way to be reconciled to God.
- The earth will be healed and made new and Jesus’ followers will live in peace forever with Him.
In Western society disbelief in God is common. We are told that we can do anything if we only reach into ourselves… essentially becoming our own gods and choosing whatever right and wrong or truth and falsehood that “works for us”. Choosing to base our lives and our morality on the person of Jesus is a radical choice.
We are not so much concerned with just how ‘radical’ the Christian story is, but what the truth of that story looks like. We believe the Christian worldview best explains the universe we observe… the cosmos, life on earth, beauty, consciousness, the order we find in nature, the human individual, human value, and the relationships and circumstances we find ourselves struggling with every day.
We want to explore the radical truths of Christianity, how they align with our world, and why an intelligent person would decide to follow Jesus.
We hope you find encouraging and thought provoking material in these pages and pray that Jesus touches your life in a new way today.